Chicken tenders are one of those foods that everyone likes. They're on almost every menu at every restaurant. Ok, maybe only on the kids menu-but I know we're all secretly hoping that kid doesn't finish them all :). Try making them at home. Its an easy meal that everyone will love, kid or not ;)
ITALIAN STYLE CHICKEN TENDERS
-1 lb Chicken Tenderloins
-1 cup Milk
-1/4 c Flour
-1 cup Seasoned Breadcrumbs
-1 tbs Butter
-Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder
1. Season the tenderloins with salt, pepper & garlic powder on both sides.
2. In one bowl add the flour & bread crumbs. Mix well.
3. In another bowl, add the eggs and milk. Beat eggs and milk together.
4. Dip each tenderloin in the egg wash-let the access drip off. Then in the flour/breadcrumb mix.
4. Heat olive oil (about enough to almost cover the chicken) & butter in a large pan over medium high heat.
5. Once the oil is hot, place the tenderloins in the pan (Shake off the access flour/breadcrumbs before frying) Do not crowd the pan too much. Fry until the chicken is cooked through & golden brown on both sides.
6. Drain on paper towels. Serve with ketchup or your favorite sauce.
*Some people do-flour, egg wash then breadcrumbs. I find its just as good mixing some flour into the breadcrumbs. Saves a step and a bowl to clean!
*Make sure you oil is hot before adding the chicken. If not they'll soak up all the oil & be soggy.
Thanks for viewing! For more recipes & food ideas follow Al Dente Diva on Instagram
Kari V., this recipe is for you! The chicken tenders #1 fan :)